Our history begins in 1939. Plank's Cafe & Pizzeria
, 743 Parsons Ave., was founded long before there was such an area known as German Village, which is the historic area south of downtown Columbus where we are located. The founder, Walter Plank, saw an opportunity after Prohibition and he ran with it. Plank's son, the late Walter Plank Jr., eventually took over from his father and ushered the cafe into the next era. Today, the third generation of Planks - brothers Tom and John, and sister Mary - keep the faith of this true community gathering place. Plank's Cafe & Pizzeria
continues to build on its legacy as a destination eatery for the many downtowners who love the cafe's noontime spreads.
- Banquet rooms are available for private parties, with seating for of 40 to 80 people.
- There's plenty of free parking available and we have free Wi-Fi for customers.